Anca Angela Simionescu MD, PhD, Senior Lecturer
Dr. Anca Angela Simionescu serves with the same passion two medical specialties – Obstetrics and Gynecology – both of which mean life: Child and Mother.
Since 2006, she has been a primary Obstetrics-Gynecology doctor at the Filantropia Clinical Hospital in Bucharest and a University Lecturer, Gynecology Discipline, at the same hospital.
Dr. Anca Simionescu’s professional CV is impressive: multiple super-specializations in Romania, France and England, competences and certificates from the Ministry of Health in laparoscopy, gynaecology, hysteroscopy, colposcopy, ultrasound in obstetrics and gynaecology, family planning, etc.
She has a rich teaching activity and has written numerous articles published in prestigious journals and scientific papers.
With this business card and with the experience gained from thousands of consultations, Dr. Anca Simionescu is at TOP-DERM CLINICS for you, ladies, who, at some point, need her expertise.
Currently – University Lecturer Doctor – Obstetrics and Gynaecology Discipline, Filantropia Clinical Hospital
Medical and doctoral degrees
MD- Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Medical School, Bucharest, Romania with the thesis entitled “ Microvascularization of uterine tubes “ (1995)
PhD– Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Bucharest with the thesis entitled : “Comparative study on prenatal diagnosis protocols of congenital defects “ (2001), distinction magna cum laude
Master’s degree in public health management and health services – Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy , Bucharest (2004).
Habilitation thesis : Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy , Bucharest (2021) :”High-risk pathologies in obstetrics and gynecology: from diagnostic to treatments”
2010-2013: Supporting research by training specialists – “Exploring the regenerative potential of telocytes in female reproductive system “- project POSDRU /89/1.5/S/64109 , Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy , Bucharest.
2012-2014: PARTNERSHIPS IN PRIORITY AREAS PCCA 1 “New perspectives on human uterine contractility and myometrial regeneration”, MEMBER, Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy , Bucharest.
- Resident in Obstetrics and Gynecology- internship (1996-2001), Diplôme Interuniversitaire de spécialisation Obstetrique et gynécologie , René Descartes , Paris V, France
- Senior Obstetrician Gynecologist, Romanian College of Doctors ( since 2001)
- Consultant Obstetrician Gynecologist (since 2004)
- Assistant Professor – Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Filantropia Hospital, ‘Carol Davila’ University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Bucharest (2002 – 2007).
- Researcher at ‘Victor Babeş’ National Institute of Pathology Bucharest, (1995 – 1996).
- Lecturer – Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Filantropia Hospital, ‘Carol Davila’ University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Bucharest (since 2007-present)
- Diploma in Ultrasonography in obstetrics and gynecology ( 2002, Bucarest, Romania)
- Diploma in Maternal Fetal Medicine (2016 , Bucarest, Romania)
- Diploma in Laparoscopy ( 2000, Paris V, France)
- Diploma in Hysteroscopy ( 2000, Paris VI, France)
- Diploma in Colposcopy ( 1999,Paris, France)
- Diploma Fetal Medicine Foundation -first trimester ultrasound, dopplers, cervical etc since 2009
Obstetrics – vaginal delivery and labor monitoring , operative delivery, cesarean section
Fetal malformations, maternal-fetal medicine , twins, intrauterine growth restriction
Laparoscopy for benign diseases
Colposcopy and cervico-vaginal pathologies
Diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy
Benign gynecologic diseases : ovarian cyst, uterine leiomyomas, metrorrhagies, cervical dysplasia, uterine polypes, cervical and uterine hyperplasia.
Peer-review referee for ISI journals (on Publons, certified by Publons Academy )
- The Green Journal
- Journal of Reproductive Medicine editor Lawrence Devoe
- The European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
- MDPI journals -Diagnostics, Cancers, Medicina , Genes , et al.
Romanian Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Romanian Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology
French Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology
French Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology
ISUOG International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics in Gynecology
International Society for Prenatal Diagnosis
- “Telocytes, a distinct type of cell among the stromal cells present in the lamina propria of jejunum” , 2012 .
- Alexandra Horobet, Anca A Simionescu*, Dan Gabriel Dumitrescu, Lucian Belascu-Europe’s war against COVID-19:a map of countries’ disease vulnerability using mortality indicators . Int.J. Environ Res Public Health 2020 ,17,6565; doi 10.3390/ijerph17186565. UEFISCDI
- Honorary diploma for participating in the postdoctoral study program 2010-2013
- Honorary Diploma for Students Medical Congress in 2015
- The prize of the jury of the Romanian College of Physicians in the “Leaders of Tomorrow” section , 2015
- First Prize for poster “ Cardiotocography interpretation for premature babies” Elena Doamna Hospital-Hospital Day Celebrated , Iasi , 13-14 decembrie 2019
Author of handbooks
- Pregnancy and cancer : from diagnosis to treatments. Authored by Anca Simionescu, Dragos Median, Bucharest, Ed. Medicala, 2015, coordinator Anca Simionescu, ISBN : 978-973-39-0780-0 .
- Obstetric cytogenetics in the postgenomic era. Pre- and postnatal diagnosis of chromosomal abnormalities. Authored by Anca Simionescu, Agripina Lungeanu. Ed Carol Davila University of Medicine, Bucharest , 2005,ISBN 973-708-072-6
Author of textbook chapters
- Real-World Data Analysis of Pregnancy-Associated Breast Cancer at aTertiary-Level Hospital In Romania . Anca A Simionescu, Alexandra Horobet Lucian Belascu, Dragos Mircea Median. Medicina 2020, 56(10), 522; https://doi.org/10.3390/medicina56100522, in Camelia Diaconu. Interdisciplinary ISBN 978-3-0365-2329-3 (Hbk) Medicine ISBN 978-3-0365-23300-9 (PDF), 2021, Ed MDPI.
- Maternally Inherited Diabetes and Deafness (MIDD). Anca A Simionescu. in Genetic Syndromes. A Comprehensive Reference Guide, Nima Rezaei Editors,Ed.Springer Cham, DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-66816-1, eBook ISBN978-3-319-66816-1
- Telocytes in Human Fallopian Tube and Uterus Express Estrogen and Progesterone Receptors- in Sex Steroids. Kahn S.M. Intech , Rijeka, Croatia SM Cretoiu, D Cretoiu, AA Simionescu, LM Popescu, 2012 pg 91- 114. ISBN: 978-953-307-857-1
- Abortion – A Simionescu, Gh Peltecu in vol.V Gynecology and Obstetrics , The treaty of Surgery , coordinator Prof. Dr . Gh Peltecu , Editor Romanian Academy 2014, pg. 307-319. ISBN 978-973-27-2410-1.
- Diagnostic of breast cancer – Gheorghe Peltecu, Anca Simionescu chapter in The conservative management of early breast cancer , pag.49-60, coordinator Gheorghe .Peltecu, Ed. Carol Davila University of Medicine , Bucharest, ISBN 973-7918-40-1,
Publications (ORCID 0000-0002-9334-0199): more than 30 in ISI indexed journals and more than 100 in international databases (Simionescu A, Simionescu AA)
Last Publications in international ISI indexed journals
- Danciu BM, Oţelea MR, Marincaş MA, Niţescu M, Simionescu AA. Is Spontaneous Preterm Prelabor of Membrane Rupture Irreversible? A Review of Potentially Curative Approaches. Biomedicines. 2023; 11(7):1900. https://doi.org/10.3390/biomedicines11071900
- Bobirca A, Simionescu AA, Musetescu A, Alexandru C, Bobirca F, Bojinca M,Balanescu A, Micu M, Ancuta C, Sima R, Andreoli L, Ancuta I. Outcomes of prospectively followed pregnancies in Rheumathoid Arthritis: a multicenter study from Romania . Life 2023 , 13, 359. https://doi.org /10.3390/life13020359.
- Otelea MR, Simionescu AA, Mariani I, Pessa Valente E, Nanu MI, Nanu I, Handra CM, Covi B, Lazzerini M , on behalf of the IMAgiNE EURO study group. Women’s assessment of the quality of hospital-based perinatal care by mode of birth in Romania during the COVID-19 pandemic: Results from the IMAgiNE EURO study. Int Gynecol Obstet.2022;00:1-11.doi.10.1002/ijgo.14482.
- Stănescu AMA, Cristea A-M-A, Bejan GC, Vieru M, Simionescu AA, Popescu F-D. Allergic Contact Cell-Mediated Hypersensitivity in Psoriasis: A Narrative Minireview. Medicina. 2022; 58(7):914. https://doi.org/10.3390/medicina58070914 Impact factor 2,948
- Sima A, Smădeanu RE, Simionescu AA, Nedelea F, Vlad A-M, Becheanu C. Menke–Hennekam Syndrome: A Literature Review and a New Case Report. Children. 2022; 9(5):759. https://doi.org/10.3390/children9050759
- Otelea MR, Trenchea M, Rascu A, Antoniu S, Zugravu C, Busnatu Ș, Simionescu AA, Arghir, O.C. Smoking Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Arguments for a Distinctive Phenotype and a Personalized Intervention. Pers. Med. 2022, 12, 293. https://doi.org/ 10.3390/jpm12020293.
- Schmitzer, S.; Haidu, S.-D.; Popteanu, I.; Simionescu, A.A. Congenital Tarsal Kink Syndrome: Literature Review and Case Report. Children 2022, 9, 31. https://doi.org/10.3390/children9010031 Impact factor 2,863
- Alexandru Cozma, Mihnea-Alexandru Găman , Elena-Codruța
Dobrică, Steluța Constanța Boroghină, Mihaela Adela Iancu, Sanda Maria Cretoiu *, Anca Angela Simionescu. A Glimpse at the Size of the Fetal Liver – Is It Connected with the Evolution of Gestational Diabetes? Int J Mol Sci 2021,22,7866. http://doi .org/10.3390/ijms22157866.
- Anca A Simionescu, Ana Maria Alexandra Stănescu . Missed Down syndrome cases after first trimester false negative screening : lessons to be learned Medicina ; 2020: 56
- Anca Angela Simionescu , Anca Streinu-Cercel , Florin-Dan Popescu, Ana Maria Alexandra Stanescu , Mariana Vieru , Bianca Mihaela Danciu , Victor Daniel Miron ,Oana Săndulescu . Comprehensive Overview of Vaccination during Pregnancy in Europe. Pers. Med. 2021, 11, 1196. https://doi.org/10.3390/jpm11111196
- Anca Angela Simionescu *, Bianca Mihaela Danciu, Ana Maria Alexandra Stanescu .Severe Anaphylaxis in Pregnancy: A Systematic Review of Clinical Presentation to Determine Outcomes. Pers. Med. 2021, 11, 1060. https:// doi.org/10.3390/jpm111110602021 .
Foreign language: French and English