At TOP-DERM CLINICS we provide academic-level adult psychiatry consultations and support for psychiatry-related conditions: insomnia or restless sleep, unrest or anxiety, somatic discomfort and manifestations, manifestations without somatic background, depression and expansive mood, memory disorders that may occur in various contexts. These can include cognitive decline encountered not only in Alzheimer’s disease, but also as a result of cerebrovascular accident or Parkinson’s disease, adjustment disorder that rapidly catches up and is due to unfavorable current conditions (pandemics, war, immigration).
Overwork, caused either by current social context (the pandemic), or by multiple tasks resulted from staff shortages, can lead to burnout, paving the road for depression.
A special category that requires further careful evaluation is old age and its disorders, especially depression, which, if untreated, triggers cognitive disorder (dementia).
We saved stress, the major disruptive factor in our lives, for last.
Everyone complains about it, but few are aware that it is one of the main causes of depression, of psychosomatic disorders.
PhD Professor Mirela Manea has over four decades of experience in adult psychiatric care and a double degree, being both a psychiatrist and psychologist.
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
The specialist in child and adolescent psychiatry assesses various psychopathological conditions in order to provide a clinical diagnosis and therapeutic plan, and is also in charge of primary, secondary and tertiary prevention in child and adolescent pathology through psychoeducation and psychohygiene activities.
Assessments during pediatric psychiatry consultations:
- Neurodevelopmental disorders: autism spectrum disorders, Asperger’s syndrome, developmental language disorder, cognitive developmental delay, developmental motor coordination disorder, social communication disorder
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry consultations assess:
- ADHD – Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Oppositional defiant disorder
- Behavioral disorders
- Learning disorders and disabilities
- Schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder
- Depressive disorder
- Mood disorders: bipolar disorder, cyclothymic disorder, dysthymia, intermittent explosive disorder
- Anxiety disorders: generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety, separation anxiety
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Elimination disorders: enuresis, encopresis
- Post-traumatic stress disorder and adjustment disorders
- Eating disorders: feeding disorders in infancy, anorexia and bulimia
- Attachment disorders and reactive attachment disorders
- Emotional and behavioral disorders resulted from parents’ separation or divorce
- Abuse and neglect
- Reactive disorders in children and teenagers resulting from accidental circumstances- traumas that can manifest in various symptoms
Specialty - Psychiatry
Manea Mirela MD, PhD, Clinical Professor
Ramona Octaviana Gheorghe MD, PhD